How To Setup Pace 5268AC Router with Default Login and Password?
The Pace 5268AC routers are one of the best residential routers available in the market today. It is manufactured by Pace Plc, a British brand that used to sell set-top boxes. The 5268ac router is used for Fusion DSL and acts as the primary gateway for Gigabit Fiber customers. This fantastic 5268ac gateway router features four Ethernet Lan ports and boasts of 4X4 MIMO 802.11AC wireless connection.
Some Specifications of Pace 5268ac router
Before taking you to the how-to login section, let’s take a snapshot of specifications of this pace router:
- A power indicator light that turns amber for firmware upgrade and red for hardware reset
- The Pace router comes without any battery
- Sturdy ethernet cables with power supply chord
- Includes one Lan cable
- Internet light stays green when activated
Requirements for Accessing the Pace Login Page
- You will need a system where you can access the web browser to the default gateway to log in to the 5268ac router.
- It is quite beneficial if you have got the router box with you as it has pace login username and password printed on it
- Ready access to the internet either through Lan cable or Wifi connection
- Make sure that you are connected to your router at all times
How to Login Easily with Pace 5268AC
Now, let’s go through the steps of the pace router login process. It will be a piece of cakewalk if you follow these steps blindly
- Open your internet and type the IP address in the URL
- Default ID address for Pace 5268ACL http://192.168.1.254
- If it doesn’t work, you can use the modern firmware version of http://192.168.42.1
- After entering the IP address in the respective URL, you will be redirected to the default login page of pace router
- The login page would require you to enter the password and username
- The default username is generally “admin” and the password “password.”
- If this doesn’t work, look for the carton box where the password is usually provided
- If nothing works for resetting the router by press-and-hold the reset button for around 10 to 15 seconds
- You can also visit the official Pace router site to generate the default name and password
Changing the SSID for your Pace 5268ac router
SSID, also known as Service Set Identifier is the name of wifi stations that you see when you click the network tab. By default, it is PACE 501. If you do not change SSID, it becomes very risky and dangerous, as anyone can easily assume the default credentials. Look for the network name tab or SSID, and do not forget to change it. Make sure to:
- Use short tail passwords that are easier to remember
- Blend your numeric and alphanumeric characters that makes it harder to guess
- Avoid putting any personal information that helps your hackers to identify your page
Changing The Default Settings After your first pace login
Your PC becomes a playground for hackers if you don’t change the password and username after the primary login. So, let’s look at the steps that would make your login more secure.
- Make your password strong and use a combination of different numeric and alphanumeric elements.
- The password of your pace plc model 5268ac has to be around 8 to 16 characters long, and it should be complicated but easy to remember.
- Make the username user-friendly and straightforward. Write down the password and username somewhere else.
- Don’t use a password that has your personal information
Another essential point to remember is that you need to choose the best encryption settings for pace 5268ac gateway default. WPA2-PSK is considered the perfect solution to this problem, and so you should not deter from choosing these settings for your router.
Solutions for Not Being Able to Log in to PACE Plc 5268ac
If you are unable to log in to your pace router, here are a few things that you can try out.
- If the password does not work- If the password does not work, try replacing it with other pace plc passwords. There is an extensive list of passwords that you can find on the web. Your password can be different, do not panic.
- If you forgot the password- If you have forgotten the password, then try calling the service provider if there has been any to check if they have got what you are looking for.
- How to reset Pace PLC 5268AC router right back to default settings- If you still are unable to log in, then you might have to reset your router back to its default settings.
Here are some other pace router guides
- You can change your pace pls 5268ac IP address and check if that works out
- All the screenshots of pace plc 5268ac available
- The wifi instructions available for pace plc 5268ac wifi