Most of the Xfinity wireless gateway comes up with the default WiFi network name and password that you can really access just by adding default WiFi name and password. But the situation really gets quite complicated when we already have changed those to some other one. It really gets quite hard to remind your WiFi name and password sometimes and if this is the same situation you are currently facing at this moment we are here with the quick guide to get your way to change the Xfinity wifi password. Just follow on the given guide to make the task extremely simpler for you.
Solution 1: Change the WiFi name and password through a mobile app
It is one of the easiest ways to resolve the query on how to change my Xfinity wifi password. All you have to do here is:
- Launch your Xfinity router and go to My Account section.
- Now open up the internet settings of your android or iOS device.
- Once done, go to the Device header and then tap on the wireless modem or router option of your device.
- Next tap on change Xfinity wifi name option and then type the new password in the provided blank column. The password option is case sensitive and hence be careful while adding one.
- Make a tap on the Save option followed by Done and then wait for a few minutes to accomplish the process successfully.
- Once done with the change wifi password Comcast, reconnect to the WiFi network by entering your new WiFi password over there.
Solution 2: Change Xfinity password using WiFi hotspots
- Launch your Xfinity router and then go to the My Account option.
- Tap on profile title and once done, click on the Change password option to proceed further with the process.
- You will be asked here to add the current password in the provided column.
- Once you have done with the above process of changing the Xfinity wifi password, now enter your new Xfinity password and then confirm it by retyping it.
- Make sure to tap on Save to confirm the equation to change my Xfinity wifi password.
Solution 3: Change the WiFi password on your PC or MAC devices
- Launch your web browser and make a search for URL: http://www.xfinity.com/myaccount over there.
- Now go to the Settings option present on the top of the page and once done tap on the Internet to proceed further.
- Tap on WiFi credentials option present next to Service Details and then click on WiFi Password followed by Edit to change Xfinity wifi password.
- Add your new password in the provided place and then tap on Save to proceed further.
- Wait for fewer seconds to change the Comcast wifi password and once done reconnect your device to the WiFi network to start using the newly added WiFi password.
Solution 4: Change Xfinity password for WiFi hotspots using PC or MAC devices
- Launch your web browser and make a search for URL: https://xfinity.com/myaccount over there.
- Tap on Users section and once done, tap on Xfinity WiFi password you are willing to change.
- Make a click on the Password option and then select Edit option from there.
- On the completion of the entire process successfully, now enter your current password into the provided column.
- Once done, now enter your new password in the dedicated column and then confirm it by retyping the same. Make sure the password you are adding on here is case sensitive and should need to between 8 to 16 characters during reset Xfinity router password.
- Make a tap on the Save option to proceed further with the process.
- Add a password reminder question along with the correct answer into the dedicated column that will help you out in case you forgot the Xfinity password in the future.
- Once done tap on Save to confirm it.
- Wait for fewer seconds to change Comcast wifi name and then reconnect your device with the Xfinity router using the new password option.