Top 11: Best WiFi Card For Gaming of 2020 -Reviews & Buying Guide
Are you willing to connect your desktop computer to your local network? Are you looking for a reliable source that can ensure you about the security and safe data transmission?
If YES, you are going to get perfect help here. Just stay connected with our guide to get the best PCI-E wireless card for a desktop computer. Along with that we are here also describe you in brief about what exactly are PCI wireless cards and different aspects related to it.
People make use of three different modules to accomplish the task of data transfer: Ethernet cables, wireless adapters, and PCI wireless cards. Ethernet cables and wireless adapters are one of the most obvious sources of file transfer and almost all of us surely know about them. Today we are going to discuss here PCI and PCI-E wireless cards.
What is PCI Wireless Cards?
PCI is actually an acronym being used for Peripheral Component Interconnect. Well, the best PCI wireless cards are actually the devices being installed in your computer system. Being based on BUS technology, PCI is actually a standard tool that can be hassle-free used with different shapes of the computer. An internal card slot is being designed in this wireless card that connects it directly to the motherboard of the computer.
If we talk about its capabilities, basic PCI is being designed to transfer about 132 megabytes of data per second. The technology is really a gem for all those desktops that do not include inbuilt wireless connection capabilities.
Why do we need to use a wireless network card?
Ethernet cables and WiFi connections are one of the most obvious data transfer sources, but have you ever think what to do if you don’t have both the possibilities. A best PCI wireless card for desktop is really a blessing in situations where one really doesn’t have any reliable WiFi connectivity for data transfer. One can make use of this option to transfer data from your desktop computer to another.
Moreover, a wireless network card is also quite capable of transferring high-intensity games and data files through reliable sources. It allows your computer system to get connected to your network wirelessly from anywhere within the preferred range of your wireless router.
One thing that you need to keep in mind here is that, you are not supposed to use these wireless network cards on your laptops as they don’t allow the connection of a wireless card at all. Also, the size and antennas of the wireless cards are quite large and it really becomes quite difficult to handle it.
Which is a better Wireless Card or USB Adapter?
Both USB Adapters and Wireless Cards are one of the most reliable sources of data transfer one could rely on. Both of the file transfer options are quite different from each other. Where USB adapters are one of the simplest ways to connect one device without wireless capabilities wireless cards are a little bit complex statement to connect your desktop with the other desktops using wireless network cards.
For accessing USB adapter, one really needs to plug in the adapter into your computer system via USB slots. Related files are then being installed on the computer system simply using Plug & Play option. The entire process is extremely quick and simple and will hardly take a few seconds of yours to accomplish it.
One of the finest things about USB adapters that one can effortlessly use them on their laptop computers. The USB adapters are quite smaller in size, portable and easy to handle on. But when we talk about best PCI wifi card, they are quite large and have large antennae and can’t be used on your Laptop computers.
PCI cards are really a great option to make in case if your router is far away from forming your computer system. The presence of larger and multiple antennae being present in PCI ensure users to have more powerful signals over time.
USB adapters are really a great option to choose in for laptop computers, but if you are willing to have a tool for file transfer on physically positioned option, PCI is 100% a great option to go along with.
Which is better PCI or PCI-E?
Are you looking for reliable data transfer source for your desktop computer?
If yes, wireless network card is really a great option to go along with. The selection process doesn’t complete here yet. Once you have made a selection over USB adapters and wireless network cards, next you have to choose between PCI and PCI-E (Express Card).
Where PCI is the basic standard of wireless network card, PCI-E is the newer and advanced standard of the same. Most of the newer computer systems are usually coming up with an additional port for PCI-E.
As we have explained to you earlier PCI-E is the advanced version of PCI, it offers more bandwidth to your desktop computer connectivity. One thing that we need to keep in mind here is that more will be the bandwidth of the wireless network card more will be the speed it offers. Hence if you are going to work on a local network where you have to transfer a larger volume of files, PCI-E is really a great option to go along with.
All about PCI-E Pins, Size, and Connection
PCI-E is a technical term being used for Peripheral Component Interconnect Express. It is actually a standard type of connection for internal devices in a computer system. PCI-E is actually the expansion slots being present on the motherboard that accepts PCI-E based expansion cards. Most of the computer systems today are coming up with these expansion slots. Regardless of the size of PCI-E slots, one thing that is being common in all is that little space in the card or slot that is specifically defined for Pin 11.
Number 11 Pin is usually solid and unused and offers flexibility to the users to use cards of one size with the slots of another as well. PCI-E generally comes up in four size variant and the number of pins and their length also differs a lot. Below is the table showing the standard number of pins along with their lengths. Just keep connected to get more information.
No. Of Pins
PCI Express 1
PCI Express 4
PCI Express 8
PCI Express 16
Explain the Acronyms:
Presence of a lot of Acronyms can hurt you in any situation especially when you are not aware of it. To make the complete access entirely easy for you we have tried to explain some of the most common acronyms for you along with their basic details. Just have a glance:
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect): Old slots in the motherboard
- PCI-E (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express): the newer version of PCI with fewer pins and greater bus speed
- 802.11ac: Wireless AC and fast IEEE wireless standard working on 5GHz radio frequency
- 802.11n: Wireless N working on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands
- Dual-Band: Devices working on dual radio frequencies i.e 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands
- Gbps: Gigabits per second
- Mbps: Megabits per second
Why consider a wireless network card?
One thing that might hit your mind while accessing USB adaptors and wireless network cards are that why to prefer wireless network card over USB adaptors? In order to respond to the questions here are the mind-blowing reasons for you:
A larger number of Antennas: PCI and PCI-E cards usually come up with a different number of antennas. The antenna being included here are often quite larger in size. Size and number of the antenna are the two terms that describe the power to capture signals of your device. More antennas really means that your wireless network card has more potential for more data streams and hence ultimately going to have faster WiFi connectivity. Before starting up accessing wireless network cards, one really need to adjust the provided antennas to a certain degree for capturing WiFi signals effectively.
Extension cables: One really doesn’t need to adjust the height of antennae in a wireless network card as they often come up being screwed into the card. The same can cause an issue if have to place under some table or at floor level. In order to save your settings and for effective signal transfer, one can make use of PCI-E cables to connect the antennas with the actual cords.
How to install a Wireless PCI card?
If you are feeling worried about the installation process of a wireless PCI card, just keep all of them away as it is a quite simple and quick process to go along with. One just has to follow on some simple steps to acquire the possible results instantly. Below is the simple and easiest guide to install the best wireless PCI card effectively on your Desktop computer.
- Turn off your computer system to keep it prevented from real damage that can occur during the installation of the wireless PCI card.
- Open the removable panel of your desktop computer.
- Before proceeding further with the installation process of the wireless PCI card, you first need to identify the PCI/PCI-E slot.
- Once done, remove the protective plate is present on the PCI slot.
- Now, align your wireless network card and PCI slot to defined bits and then push the card into the slot.
- Screw down the wireless card back in its original position.
- Screw up the antenna of your wireless card at their exact position.
- Once done, now close your computer system and allow it to ON.
- Install the drivers on your computer system that is an automatic process in advance Windows version.
Best PCI-E Wireless Card for Desktop Computers
1. NET-DYN USB Wireless WiFi Adapter, AC1200 Dual Band, 5GHz and 2.4GHZ (867Mbps/300Mbps), Super Strength So You Can Say Bye to Buffering, for PC or Mac, for Desktop or Laptop
If you are looking for a perfect PCI-E that you can effortlessly use on your Mac and Windows computers, NET-DYN USB best PCI wireless adapter is really a great option to go along with. This wireless card for pc is one of the most compatible devices that offer 802.11n connectivity and 300 Mbps speed to the users. NET-DYN is really a reliable PCI-E source with greater covering areas of around 100 yards. Moreover, it offers dual-band radio frequency to the users.
Users can easily enjoy 5GHz and 2.4GHz radio frequencies just b making a snap setup. You just have to plug the little device into your computer and to locate its drivers and further install them to start access over it. It does not offer you internet connection only but also offers you WPA/WPA2/WEP option for safe and secure connectivity as well. Setup is quite simple and will hardly take your few seconds to accomplish.
- This best desktop wifi card offers faster bus speed with 865Mbit/s for 5G band 802.11ac.
It is a family-owned business source to connect all of your family members through a single resource.
- It offers dual-band radio frequencies i.e. 2.4GHz and 5GHz and hence resulting in faster bus speed.
- The installation process is quite simple and easy to go with play and plug options.
- It is a 1200Mbps series being supported by WLAN routers.
- Affordable price tag
- Greater customer service
- Dual-band connectivity
- Easy setup
- Easy to boost connections
- Highly compatible with routers
- Does not support Linux connectivity
- Drop-in connection frequently
2. USB WiFi Adapter for PC, Techkey 1750Mbps Dual Band 2.4GHz/450Mbps 5GHz/1300Mbps High Gain 5dBi Antennas USB 3.0 Wireless Network Adapter for Desktop Laptop with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS
Coming up to the next in the section USB WiFi Adapter for PC, Techkey 1750Mbps Dual Band that usually comes up with 2 pieces of long-range WiFi antennas to collect powerful signals effectively. If you are looking for the fastest bus speed option, this PCI-E option is really a great way to go along with. The installation process is quite simpler to go along with.
Providing excellent speed with 802.11ac and ultra-fast AC1750 wireless adapter speed you can very conveniently create a hotspot with Soft AP feature. You can now very conveniently boost WiFi to your mobile device from your desktop computer.
- This best wifi card for pc comes up in 2 pieces of long-range WiFi antennas to offer ultimate wireless range.
- Users are free to enjoy extended WiFi connection and superior stability on your desktop.
- Users can easily upgrade their PC to 802.11ac for excellent WiFi speed.
- The installation process is quite simple to go with a simple USB 3.0 socket.
- Users are free to create a hot spot with Soft AP feature.
- Multi-device compatibility
- Easily adjustable antenna
- Dual-band wireless adapter
- Affordable price range
- Compact design
- Comparatively lesser speed
4. NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi USB Adapter High Gain Dual Band USB 3.0 (A6210-100PAS)
Coming up next in the section NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi USB Adapter High Gain Dual Band USB 3.0 (A6210-100PAS) is another wonderful option that one can use for enjoying faster access with USB 3.0. The tool comes up with high gamin antennas that support 3x faster access than you get in USB 2.0. You can now easily connect your computer system to an 11ac network to enjoy the lag-free experience. The device is fully featured to provide multiple HD streams throughout your home.
One can now easily enjoy online gaming experience and secure and reliable connectivity over a wide range and performance. It is one of the most compatible devices with next-generation WiFi devices that perfectly improve the performance of your device.
- The device is being designed to offer the ultimate range and improved performance.
- It offers faster access with USB 3.0. Moreover, the device is also compatible with USB 2.0.
- It offers improved WiFi performance with the help of AC1200 (300Mbps/867Mbps).
- The device is much compatible with a wide range of devices
- The presence of high gain antennas ensures users to have improved performance.
- Multiple device connectivity
- Excellent speed
- Faster access over USB 3.0
- Lag-free experience
- Enhanced range
- Easy to establish a wire-free connection
- Easy installation process
- Latency is quite higher
- Creates wireless interference sometimes
5. ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless PCI-E Adapter
When it comes of data speed transfer ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless PCI-E Adapter is one of the most favored choices to make it. It is a three-position external antenna and dual internal one device that collectively produce a hefty dual-band of AC1900. This high range of WiFi connectivity guarantees users to have a higher output and fine coverage for both laptops and desktops.
The antennas coming up in this package are foldable and hence improve the portability feature to a greater extent. You can now easily enjoy powerful reception at an easy end. The 3*4MIMO design of ASUS ensures users to have about 300% faster speed than they get in N900 adapter. ASUS PCE-AC68 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless PCI-E Adapter is well known for its stability. Users can now easily enjoy more powerful and reliable connectivity with the help of Beamforming technology. The device is really a great option to choose for a powerful gaming PC.
- It provides an extensible design that makes it easy to enjoy service prioritization for data
- The design of the tool is being developed in order to provide high availability, scalability, and maximum flexibility and performance.
- It is a 5th generation 802.11ac chipset that offers you dual-band radiofrequency.
- It includes custom heatsink that dissipates heat to offer extra stability and reliability for non-stop operations.
- Users can now easily upgrade their WiFi without getting indulges in the massive web of Ethernet Cables.
- Fast dual-band radio frequency
- Multiple device compatibility
- AirRadar Beamforming technology
- Easy installation process
- Antenna extension cables are quite shorter
6. TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter
TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter is really a great example of best wireless adapter you can opt for your desktop. This top-notch USB Wi-Fi adapter comes up with quite an affordable price tag. Speed is one of another wonderful feature needed to be admired here. TP-Link AC1900 offers 600Mbps on 2.4GHZ band whereas 1300Mbps on 5GHz band speed which is quite higher in this range.
Moreover, the device also offers flexibility over connectivity as well. In short, users are now free to enjoy suitable connections as per their preferences. This wireless adapter is well designed to support 802.11ac wireless data rate. Adding more into its feature this wonderful tool is perfectly integrated with Beamforming technology. Moreover, the presence of high gain antennas also add up some more stability and better range to the tool and hence improves its performance. To offer extra wireless security encryption to the users, WPS button is also there in this wireless adapter.
- The device is integrated with 802.11ac chipset that conveniently upgrades the desktop to Wireless AC.
- The device is being designed to offer high-performance computing very conveniently.
- It offers blazing WiFi speed over dual-band radio frequencies.
- The device is fully featured with heat sink technology that makes it easy to distribute the created heat overall core components and hence improves its reliability and performance.
- The presence of Beamforming technology is also a great option to ensure stronger and reliable wireless connections.
- Offers dual-band connectivity
- WPS button is there to offer enhanced security
- 3.0- USB port
- High gain antennas for powerful signals
- Does not support Linux devices
7. TP-Link Smart WiFi Router
TP-Link Smart WiFi Route is really a powerhouse that is perfect being designed to match up your streaming demands. It is one of the most powerful and affordable wireless network cards that offers dual-band radio frequencies to enjoy on, users are free to enjoy here maximum of 1900 Mbps ultrafast WiFi connectivity and hence can perfectly connect your desktop to your home network very easily.
The device is actually a wireless express adapter that makes it quite easier for you to connect your desktop computer to a wireless network at a very high-speed wireless network connection. If you are looking for highly robust and bandwidth-intensive wireless networking experience, TP-Link Smart WiFi Route is really a great option to make in. you can now easily enjoy HD video streaming and online gaming conveniently.
- Users can now easily upgrade their WiFi card to offer 1900Mbps dual-band WiFi speed.
- The tool comes up with three antennas that improve the wireless performance, stability, and frequency of your tool.
- TP-Link Smart WiFi Route offers you high-end performance with the help of dual-band radiofrequency. Users can now conveniently enjoy smoother HD video streaming, online gaming, files sharing and Wireless modes.
- It is compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n products.
- Multiple device compatibility
- Includes USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports for easy sharing
- Beamforming technology
- Reliable and stronger WiFi connectivity
- Slower USB 3.0 speed
8. Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1900 PCI Express WiFi Adapter/Wireless Adapter/Network Card
Coming up towards next in the section of wireless cards, Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE is something that will fulfill the needs of high-end computer services. It is one of the top-notch products being available in the market that works on 800.11ac WiFi standard. Fully loaded with high-end Beamforming technology, the product really ensures users to have a high-end performance every time.
Adding more into its features the presence of three external antennas ensures the consistent connection of your desktop with home internet. The device is fully loaded with heatsink feature that dissipates the heat perfectly through each component and hence prevents your device from overheating especially when using for a longer duration. The presence of features like WPA/WPA2 ensures users to have secure access throughout.
- This best wireless card is a high-end product with 800.11ac WiFi standard
- It offers dual-band radio frequencies, 600Mbps for 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps for 5GHz.
- Security is being ensured here due to the presence of WPA/WPA2.
- Heatsink feature is also there to provide enhanced performance.
- Multi-device compatibility
- Dual-band connectivity
- Wide range connection
- Enhanced security
- Requires tweaking to run effortlessly
9. ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI Wireless Express Adapter
ASUS PCE-AC56 PCI Wireless Express Adapter comes up with unique features such as TurboQAM technology to offer high-end results to the users. It is one of the top-notch wireless network cards that mainly focus on creating connections for downloading and uploading. The involvement of heatsink feature dissipates heat evenly and hence prevents components from overheating.
Adding more into its features TurboQAM technology not only boosts up the internet speed but also improves the functioning of this device to a greater extent. The presence of high power design reduces the wireless dead zones to a greater extent. Users are free to enjoy now seamless experience at a quite affordable price tag.
- This best PCI wireless adapter offers extensible design for prioritization of data.
- The design ensures users to have high availability, scalability, and flexibility to have high-end performance.
- The device includes next-generation 802.11ac chipset for establishing super fast connections.
- The presence of TurboQAM feature improves the performance and speed of your desktop computer.
- Heatsink feature is also been involved there to ensure extra stability and reliability for consistent operations.
- Dual-band radio frequency
- Multi-device compatibility
- Backword connectivity with WiFi devices
- Wide wireless range
- Lighting fast speed access
- Does not support Linux device
- Buggy software application with driver issues
10. ASUS PCE-AC88 AC3100 4×4 802.11AC PCIe Adapter
It is a quite expensive wireless network card that offers a real apprehension feel to the users. Access speeds are quite impressive here with dual-band radio frequencies. Users can now effortlessly enjoy 2100Mbps speed and 1100Mbps speed over an easy setup.
The presence of external, multiple antenna bases makes it quite easy to cover a wider area and also improves the speed of internet access. One of the best things about this wonderful source is that it comes up with easy to replace antenna that one can easily change whenever required. The device is perfectly featured with heatsink feature to prevent overheating of its components and hence ensures users to have better performance anytime.
- It includes custom heatsink feature that effectively dissipates the heat and hence offers you extra stability.
- It offers high-speed access with dual-band radio frequencies.
- The presence of an external magnetic antenna makes it quite easy to place your antenna accordingly to acquire maximum coverage.
- The individual antennas are attached directly to a PCIe card and hence make the design more compact.
- It is one of the most compatible options along with the presence of R-SMA antenna.
- Offers fastest dual-band speed
- Compatible with most of the aftermarket antennas
- External antennas for maximizing connections
- Heatsink feature to ensure a stronger connection
- A wider range of WiFi connectivity
- Expensive wireless network card
- Bugs issues
It is a little Wireless N card offering you reliable and high-end connections. The device comes up with a no-frills card that makes it easy to acquire high-end speed very quickly. The antennas being present here are also quite adjustable and one can easily use WPS connection for establishing wireless pairing here effectively.
- It is a 2-in-2 device for establishing wireless connection sharing.
- The device includes a WPS button for establishing secure wireless connections
- The device is perfectly designed to support multiple OS.
- The interface of this wonderful device is quite simple and easy to establish
- High-speed access
- Multiple device compatibility
- Easy installation process
- Serve as a virtual access point
- Weaker wireless range
The use of PCI-E has been raised to a greater extent in the past few years and the reason is high-end results it offers to the users. We have presented you here the best PCI-E Wireless Card for Desktop Computers. You can check out the features of above and can select the one that suits well to your needs.