Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 05:15 pm
Arris is one among the pioneer manufacturing of modems and routers. The Arris group, inc. TG1682G router is the most popular and top-rated router available within the market. This Touchstone TG1682G Gateway telephony router model that includes 4 slots for Ethernet connections which can be utilized at an office or home LAN (Local Area Network). You will also provide with two different connections for telephony service along with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac connectivity.
You can follow the below instructions on how to access the Arris router’s default gateway login page (Panoramic router login page). The gateways of Touchstone TG1682G are DOCSIS compliant and also have the greatest speed when compared to the cable modems. Arris TG1682G router is currently integrated with the MoCA 2.0 setup for home networking and works better for home-usage. This router will also provide a USB port to utilize the external USB support.
Arris TG1682G Router Login Steps
You can follow the below instructions to access the Arris tg1682g login page:
Access the web browser – Open up a web browser to access the Arris router login page or enter the private IP address 10.0.0.1 to access the default gateway page. This IP address is not only allowed to access the Arris router TG1682G page but also can be used to access the Comcast Xfinity Router webpage. While performing the above steps, it is recommended to connect through your Home Wi-Fi (Wireless) network. Also, ensure that you are adding multiple zeros to the IP address which may cause an error.
Inputting tg1682g login credentials on Default Gateway – It is much required to enter the Arris tg1682 login credentials to access the router settings and modify the essential changes. This is also similar to our Comcast Xfinity router and does not have much difference about the Arris 1682g login screen.
The Username is Admin and the default account password is password. In case, if the above-mentioned login credentials do not work then you might have changed the login details. To overcome this situation, your Arris tg1682g router has to be reset by pressing and holding the reset button at least for 15 seconds with the help of a sharp object.
Change the SSID – While accessing the Network tab on your router login page, you can view a list of entire available network names. Those network names are commonly referred to as SSID (Service Set Identifier). By default, the manufacturers will provide their brand name as their router’s default network name. It is possible to change the default network name by accessing the Arris modem tg1682g login page by entering the default login credentials and router settings.
Tips for SSID settings
- The name should be simple and very short.
- Your SSID Name should not be very much fancy which may lead to backfire.
- Never use the personal information that is displayed on your Arris TG1682 router.
Configuring Arris TG1682G Login Credentials – After changing or modifying the SSID Name, it is advisable to change the router login credentials to make it secure from other sorts of unknown attempts.
Tips to modify the login credentials
- Your Arris tg1682g default password should be within 8 to 16 characters long and also very complex to form.
- It should also contain a mixture of alphanumeric characters.
- Your account username should be simple and user-friendly.
- It is advisable to note the login credentials (Similar to Comcast Xfinity router login details) for future reference.
Secure Router Settings – After logging into the router settings or default gateway page, browse and locate your network’s encryption settings. As per the current industry default standard, you need to set its encryption type of WPA2-PSK mode. This is to ensure that the router needs to perform well with its best security level.
Router Security of Arris TG1682G
Find below the list of Arris TG1682G router security settings:
Arris Router TG1682G MAC Address Filtering – You can limit the access to your TG1682 router by allowing the MAC filtering feature. To activate this feature, you can access your Arris router tg1682g login page and identify the 12-character length MAC ID (Identification number) for each computer which is connected to your current network. It is essential to update or modify this information in case if you prefer to remove or add any other new devices.
Disabling the Broadcast SSID for Arris router – Your Arris router will transmit the designated SSID (Service Set Identifier) to everyone. It is also possible to change or modify the SSIF by unchecking the required options within the settings control. If so, your network may not be hacked by anyone. It is also important to input your SSID information whenever you are trying to connect a new device to your router’s network (Mandatory one).
Changing the account default password – It is much easier for the hackers to identify your router’s default password and make use of it to connect to your Wi-Fi (Wireless) network. It is advisable to change or modify your account default password. You can set a complex password (with a series of letters, numbers, and special characters) which cannot be easily guessed by anyone.
Changing the default Wi-Fi (SSID) Name – Most of the Arris routers will always provide a generic and default SSID (network) names and it is important to rename to it as per your requirements. You can use a different SSID name apart from the default name, which can help you from attackers or hackers.
Modem or Router – Rebooting Procedure
You can follow the below-mentioned rebooting procedure to improve the worst situation and works well for most of the make & models of modems or routers. It is important that the following rebooting process is not identical like resetting the modem or router:
- Unplug the modem and your router. Also, any other managed hardware networks like Network switches should be unplugged. You can also unplug any other unmanaged devices which may even cause the problem.
- You have to wait for at least 30 seconds of time. In the meantime, your device will cool down and also report to your computers, other devices, ISP (Internet Service Provider) about your modem and router are Offline.
- Now, plug in your modem. In case, if it is not turned on automatically then long-press the Power button.
- Again wait for a minute, within this time, your modem or router will get authenticated from the ISP (Internet Service Provider) and a public IP address assigned from the server.
- Now, it’s time to plug-in your router. A few routers may require pressing the Power button for a longer time to turn on the router. You can even skip the modem-router combination and move on to the next stage. The software or program within the router will perform in the proper direction.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes. Within this time, your router will restart and also assign the private IP address for your mobile phones, computers, and other devices from the DHCP server within the router.
- If once the modem and router were restarted, check whether the issue persists.
In case if the issue persists even after rebooting the modem and router then it could be more specific towards the internet or network issue. If your modem does not get a proper signal (first 3 lights indication) from your ISP then you need to seek assistance from your ISP Technical support team. If not, need to check the home network setup once again.