Last updated on September 19th, 2019 at 05:19 pm
Accessing Routers or modems’ admin panel has not more remain an issue now. One can easily use their IP address to get access over default login in credentials. 192.168.2.1 is the IP address being used for the routers provided by brands like Belkin, Edimax, Siemens, SMC, and various others. This IP address is being strictly addressed by IANA and one can’t make use of these for accessing some other routers. One can easily use this IP address for configuring the management access of router. We are here going to provide you a detailed guide about the process of accessing default login credentials using this router gateway and will also introduce with the default username and passwords as well.
Default 192.168.2.1 username and password
Below is the complete list of default 192.168.2.1 username and password option for accessing this router gateway. You can easily check out and use any of these login credentials for accessing your router’s admin panel.
How to get access to 192.168.2.1
If you are willing to get admin access to your router, here we are with one of the finest steps by step guide for you. Be preparing with some of the prerequisites so as to remove the chances of having any delay in the process.
- Device connected with your router through WiFi connection
- Well running computer system to access a browser
- Launch your web browser from your device and then add the default IP address of your router in the search bar.
- Once done, if you didn’t have changed your default login credentials yet. Just add them very carefully. In case if you are not aware of the default username and password combination, you can easily concern with the list being provided above.
- Now, change the SSID of your device. SSID is actually the name of the network and if you are changing it from default one to private access, it will help you in hiding your network from others. While changing SSID on your device, make sure to keep it short and simple and never put on your personal information against the name of your router.
- Every router usually comes up with the default username and password option. The choices of the combination are quite limited here and hence the chances of being getting traced are quite higher. In order to offer yourself safe and secure access throughout, we prefer you to change the default username and password immediately. While changing password, make sure to keep it 8-16 words a long combination of alphanumeric characters, whereas try to keep your username short, simple and user-friendly.
I am failing to connect my device to router gateway 192.168.2.1?
The reasons behind the failure of the connection between your device and router might be multiple. Sometimes it causes due to the usage of some wrong IP address, where there are also possibilities of having typing errors as well. Make sure that you are not using any alphabets, colons or semicolons against URL: http://192.168.2.1.
I want to change the password of router gateway 192.168.2.1. How can I do that?
If you are willing to make your admin login much securer, make sure to log in to your admin panel using default gateway. Once done, enter your default login credentials > type in Device Code > Change the name and then Save the changes added > select WPA/PSK encryption settings > Change password and Save.
How to recover the forgotten username and password for router gateway 192.168.2.1?
There are basically two methods to recover your forgotten username and password options for router gateway 192.168.2.1. If you never have changed your default username and password for router gateway of admin panel, you can easily check out the various default login credentials combinations given above. And if you already have changed your login credentials for a secure login over admin panel, you have to restore your factory settings to default one first. Before doing that we prefer you to create a secure backup for all of the data so that you can get it back even in case of data loss.
- First of all, turn off your router or modem and then press and hold the reset button for about 15 seconds consistently.
- Keep pressing the reset button until your router or modem will get turn on.
- Once done, now release the button slowly and then wait for the complete rebooting process of your router.
- Once done with the above process successfully, now connect your device with the router through a well functioning WiFi connection and make sure to add the default login credentials to get access over your router.